Sunday, May 9, 2010

of movies, morons, and maniacally good cheese

Okay, the cheese first. I'm a big fan of goat cheese but until know I've only had the soft, almost whipped variety. Drunken Goat comes in a wedge and has a lovely purple/brown (I believe this color is called puce) rind. It is magical with a glass of merlot and that was with the cheese on a saltine. I can't even imagine what it will be like with a decent cracker. Do yourself a favor, check out your local higher end market and see if they have a brand of the stuff.

On to the morons! Last week, a coworker and I observed one of our more loathed patrons, whom I've never witnessed exhibiting signs of a disability (and I know this doesn't mean he doesn't have one), parked in the handicapped spot at the library DETAILING HIS CAR. Now, he looks like a member of the BeeGees, I mean back in the day-not contemporary, and wears these really stupid aviator sunglasses and is bent over with a spray bottle and a rag wiping his car down in the middle of the blazing 93 degree day when the parking lot is packed and people are circling looking for a place to park. I thought that was pretty tasteless. This morning, he was in the same spot, doing the same thing. This time, he was squatting in front of the car cleaning the grill. I find this EXTREMELY annoying. If you can stand out in the blazing sun squatting and cleaning a car, I'd be real curious as to why you have that placard.

Moving on! Last week I finally saw How To Train Your Dragon and fell in love with Toothless and Hiccup. Last night I saw Iron Man 2 with the Movie Meetup Group and had THE. BEST. TIME! Robert Downey, Jr. was born to play Tony Stark and I thought Mickey Rourke did a really good job as well. He and that well-worn mug make a good villain. The summer movie season is my very favorite and I'm all aflutter about most of the movies coming out. Check out my sidebar item if you care to keep tabs on me!

No comments: