Thursday, July 15, 2010

Aunt Holley

I love being an aunt.

In fact, I can hardly imagine anything better. It suits my personality down to the ground and, no offense to all the great parents I know, it is the ideal way of life for me rather than having any of my own.

I babysat my honorary nieces on Tuesday night and am a little chagrined at exactly how much fun I had playing hide-n-seek. The girls are at the PERFECT age, before h-n-s becomes so brutally competitive. We were all content to just hide until found, no running for base, no arguments about who's it because they don't want to chase people. We just hid and tried not to giggle. The only draw back? They are young enough that they want to hide in your hiding place with you...and they giggle, A LOT! Not very stealthy, but it does the heart good :-)

This afternoon my brother called to say my niece and nephew are spending the night at his mother's house so I surprised them with a call for the movies. We're going to see The Sorcerer's Apprentice, which RottenTomatoes said was "less than spellbinding" for all but the "least demanding viewers" and that describes me to a T so I'm sure I'll love it.

It's a movie, not a literature class. Lighten up.

What are you watching?

6 comments:

Amanda said...

I might actually go to two movies this weekend. Inception on Friday night and the Odd Couple at the Alabama Theater on Saturday.

Speaking of watching movies....
Jason needs to watch Amadeus for his Music Appreciation class this weekend. This sounds easy enough, but he told me that he was watching Amadeus on cable one day when was young, went to his parents room to ask them something, and then...well, found them participating in a marital activity. So, I told him to just read the Wikipedia entry!

Holley T said...

I going to see Inception on Sat with the movie meet up group! We'll have to dish on Monday!

Sat afternoon I'm going to see Eclipse with Erica. She hasn't seen it yet but it'll be my third time. Yesterday, Jake dry heaved a little when I told him that and I told him he was going to turn into Angry Sam W. when he got older :-)

Katie said...

okay.
a. amanda's comment is HYSTERICAL
b. hide and seek sounds like fun :)
xo
k

Holley T said...

yes, traumatizing beyond belief!

Holley T said...

um, the movie experience, not my adventure in babysitting

;-)

Holley T said...

...and The Sorcerer's Apprentice was kind of silly. I probably wouldn't have enjoyed it by myself, but with the kids it was great! Conner seemed to really enjoy it!