Wednesday, January 9, 2013

keeping resolutions

The key to this one, specifically, is having something to blog about.  Epic fail.  Nothing is going on with me and nothing especially entertaining is going on at work, outside of my general annoyance with tax forms right now.  I can't write about that every day.  Well, I guess I could but I'd be tired of myself long before anyone else had a chance.

I seem to be in some sort of slump right now.  I'm unable to concentrate on any of the 8 books I have to read this month.  That's going to suck come book group/contest judging deadline.  I can't find anything to watch on television since I finished the available episodes of The Walking Dead, Game of Thrones, and True Blood.  I keep returning to Keeping Up Appearances and the Vicar of Dibley so I can listen without watching while either quasi-napping or playing Words with Friends or checking Facebook.  I'll beat you to the punch and admit that I'm working on breaking my FB checking habit.  At least reducing it a little.

It's just when I get off work, I want silence and solitude.  I don't want to go out.  I don't want anyone to ask me ANYTHING.  I don't want to talk on the phone.  I don't want anyone to want anything, or want to know anything, that I may be able to provide.  I'm getting grumpy because I'm not reading, but I can't concentrate on reading because I'm grumpy and unsettled.

WTF?

1 comment:

Katie said...

I think it's winter doldrums. I has them.