Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Happy pre-Thanksgiving!

I hope everyone has a great Thanksgiving.  If you don't celebrate Thanksgiving then I hope you have a SpEcTaCuLaR dAy tomorrow anyway!  I am going over to KT's and I'm making and taking this:

Mrs. D made one last week and brought a giant hunk of it to share with the department and I have no words other than joy and joyness.  So, all the ingredients wait faithfully on my kitchen counter and I will probably bake it tonight and frost it tomorrow :)  If you are interested, it is on the front cover of the Dec 2008 issue of Southern Living, or you could just click here.

Friday I have talked T into venturing out into the craziness that is the busiest shopping day of the year...however, we will not be shopping (at least I fervently hope not)!  Instead, we will go to see Australia!  Or Four Christmases (if I could talk T into it)!  Hugh Jackman or Vince Vaughn...it's such a tough decision because I like both of them.

Saturday is a Crafturday with the girls!  At this point, I'll be doing counted crossstich while everyone else will be doing a variety of scrapbooking, quilting, sowing, knitting, etc.  One of KT's friends has rented out a room in a community center for the day and we are going to have a real hen party.  If I have any of the cake left, it's going.  Later in the day I'll head over to mom's house where she will be cooking some chicken gizzards for me...look it up and be HoRrIfIeD like everyone else :)  Then Saturday night, if I have not passed out with exhaustion I will go see Twilight with the Book Diva again :)

Sunday...hmm, I don't know, maybe a nap?  Oh yeah, I'll be petsitting this whole time so there will be trips back and forth to the house to let the dog out :)  

I love the holidays!

OH YEAH!!!!  Sunday, I'm putting up the tree!!!!!!!!!!!and the stocking!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!and the cheesy plastic decorations!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!and watching another 12 Christmas movies!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

you know you want to.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

sigh. It was such a good plan. And I would like to see Four Christmases.

Jeff Stankard, Group Publisher said...

I hope when you say your mom is cooking chicken gizzards, you mean she's frying them up and adding salt. Terribly unhealthy I'm sure, but YUM YUM! I sure miss 'em.
BWS