Monday, November 17, 2008

new medical garble from T

as I've mentioned before, my friend T works the switchboard for a local LARGE medical facility and her department is responsible for transferring incoming calls to the various departments.  Over the years she has shared with me many of things people ask for instead of the department they actually need.  For example, the person who called to get the results from their autopsy.  You get the point.  

Without further ado!

Things to NOT call your doctor for:
the gastrointelligent clinic (= gastroenterology)
the gastroarchaeology clinic (again, gastroenterology)
the confusion clinic (= infusion clinic, hematology and chemotherapy and such)
the weewee doctor (= urologist)

that is all.


Kenny P. said...

Gastroarchaeology! Ha!

Jeff Stankard, Group Publisher said...

How about this for a word, "disintermediated"??@!!!!
I hate made up words. I rarely see the fun ones that your friend T sees. Check out my blog for more ranting on the English language.

or something like that.

Unknown said...

I think I can actually say I've excavated some things from some dogs' intestines. Does that make me a gastroarcheologist?

Holley T said...

Okay, I like that well enough that I may have to get you a special lab coat embroidered with

Zippy Vet
Gastroarchaeologist, D.V.M.