Friday, September 4, 2009

Readers Imbibing Peril

It's that time of year again folks! Time for the R.I.P. (Readers Imbibing Peril) Reading Challenge over at Stainless Steel Droppings! As usual, I have selected Peril the First, which is a commitment to read 4 books of horror or any subgenre of horror!



Doh! I finished Abandon too soon!

These books will also count towards the 100+ Reading Challenge I'm participating in over at J. Kaye's Book Blog so my count for the year will continue to creep up!

I don't have a set list of books but I'm gathering possibilities as we speak.

The Contenders so far:

Calling Mr. Lonely Hearts by Laura Benedict
Afraid by Jack Kilborn
Shutter Island by Dennis Lehane
A Good and Happy Child by Justin Evans
The Shining by Stephen King
Vengeance Child by Simon Clark
The Seance by John Harwood
Ammie, Come Home by Barbara Michaels

I only have to read four before October 31, 2009 so this is a pool to select from but I may get around to them all before the year is done!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've really been wanting to read a book by Simon Clark. Best of luck on this challenge!

Carl V. Anderson said...

Ohhh, The Shining! I remember reading that when I was about 16 years old and just being terrified by it. I've still never actually sat down and watched the movie in its entirety.

Thanks so much for joining the R.I.P. IV Challenge this year. I really appreciate it and hope that you have a wonderful time!!!

Anonymous said...

Shutter Island looks aswesome, I saw it at the book store last week. I'm going to put it on my Christmas wish list right now!
BWS