Friday, February 23, 2007

Good Intentions...we all know what they do....

Here I sit, late on a Friday afternoon, having done absolutely none on the research I needed to do for my collection development class. A--I had to get the oil changed in my car before the poor little Kia set up a picket line in front of the house and B--I had to get my taxes done so I could mark that off of my to-do list......mission accomplished on all fronts!

My plan was to then come on down to the ol' GPL (Greenpond Public Library) to get in some more Pompeii research and maybe start thinking about something I'd like to write 10 pages about. I don't know what that would be at this point but I figured there'd be no harm in trying. What I didn't anticipate was spending about 3 1/2 hours at the IRS office getting my taxes done. But heah, they're done, I don't have to worry about it again 'til next year and that's alright with me. The lady who helped me was incredibly nice, I can now get my closet fixed, and I brought another library patron into the audiobook/Mp3 fold. She said she was going to have to go right out and download something today :) I was pretty proud of that handsell!

Today, KT blogged about contentment and its scarcity in today's frenetic world. I certainly seem to have lost my ability to gain contentment easily. I'm hoping it will return once I get out of school, but there are no guarantees. I want to get back my contentment, rediscover the joie de vivre that was once so much a part of my personality, and last but not least, get rid of (or at least get down to a more affordable level) my antidepressants. Don't get me wrong, they've saved my life over the past two years, but I want to be me again. KT mentions a couple of books on the subject that she is reading and that one of them makes the point that there are too many choices to be made on everything from what kind of toothpaste to buy, who to have your checking account with, to what to cook for dinner. Okay, a couple of those I made up myself. But the sentiment is still very much the truth. How do you stay focused and calm in the face of all those choices? Is your choice the right one? Could something else have been more appropriate or work out better? Could, is, how, what, when, if, where, should, why, who, would, might?????? Why (urrrrrr) are there so many words for starting your statements with probabilities and uncertainty?

Anyway, in classic Holley's House fashion, I'm changing the subject completely. E invited me to go the University of Alabama gymnastics meet tonight! There will be 3 or 4 of us from work all going together and it should be a great time! I never seen gymnastics other than on television so I am really looking forward to it. Don't worry, I'll record every little detail for you here. That being said, I'm going home to see if I can't get a nap :)

AdiĆ³s!
htw

No comments: