Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Pomp and Circumstance...with illustrations

Well, I moved one step closer to graduation today…at least I tried to. After looking for parking, finding the right office, being told I had been directed to the wrong office, looking for parking again, and one jammed printer later (preventing L from getting me the forms there at the office), I have now printed off and filled out my application for admission to candidacy for a Master’s degree as well as my application for degree. So much paperwork! I had to leave for work so I couldn’t run to the comp lab and print & fill quickly while I was at SLIS, but I did get it done tonight so I can hand the forms in when I go back for class next Monday. It was just an incredibly disappointing way to spend a major portion of my half-day off. I would have done much better to just stay at home; that’s all it amounted to anyway! It won’t be long now til I’m free, free, free….dare I let myself get excited?

I was in a foul mood when I got to work. Frazzled, tired, and not a little irritable at being late for work because of getting so much runaround from my “beloved” U of A (feel free to imagine the sarcastic tone one would expect), I was really struggling to be the cheerful public servant. Intervention wound its way up to the second floor in the form of one of my favorite teens, A, of fake fingernail fame here at Holley’s House. She told me funny stories, we talked about our respective classes, I watched with not a little sympathy as she did what looked like arcane math homework, and she drew me some pictures! Enjoy!


Adiós!
htw

No comments: