Tuesday, August 7, 2007

a blog post after my own heart...

this post from The Loom, which I found through Seed Magazine's Daily Zeitgeist, truly resonates with me.

I decided, not long after the most recent tattoo, that my next one will be book/library science-related. I have some intense research to do in order to come up with exactly what I want, but the topic is set. Maybe next year some time but who knows if I'll be able to last that long. I don't know if it works that way for everyone, but once I got one I jonesed for the second and now it's even worse! I'd go out and get one after work tonight if I could come up with something I wanted but I'm not a bit impulsive about my tats. They result from research and introspection which I can't get my mother or my best friend to understand.

My roomie (the best friend) already told me that when she gets married I'll be wearing a shawl to cover the one on my back, but now I have a pretty big on on my right forearm so I guess I'll be wearing gloves now too...where, oh where, should my next tattoo go so she can't cover it up without me walking down the aisle in the coveted maid-of-honor position covered in a garbage bag?

teeheeheee ;)
htw

6 comments:

Ms. Hubbard said...

if you were in my wedding (not that one is fore seen in the near future) you can have any tattoo you want showing because I happen to like them

Erica said...

you get some around one eye like V in the black dagger brotherhood! heheh....that would be cool :)

Holley T said...

I'd really have to become indispensible around here to get away with a tattoo around the eye :) ....I don't think the roomie would ever forgive me

...maybe one on the neck though??? something tasteful???

;) htw

Kenny P. said...

Hmmm....book/library science-related, eh? That'll be cool.
It's a toughie, though...

Ms. Hubbard said...

how about a tattoo with some dilapidated shelves
j/k

Holley T said...

yeh, it'll be tough...that's why it takes me so long to get one. the research involved takes forever :)

E-I don't know, a shelf with some artistic and strategically placed cobwebs (minus the bastart arachnid, of course) might be fun. I'll add it to the list :)