Monday, November 26, 2007

Monday update

Here's hoping everyone had a great Thanksgiving weekend! If you don't celebrate Thanksgiving, I hope you had a great weekend anyway!



I am still recovering from sectional sofa trauma. I did go into R-t-G Saturday and pick out another living room suit that will hopefully fit through my #!#*^$^%^ 31 inch wide front door :) We'll see on Tuesday....

Thanksgiving was nice and uneventful for me. I went over to my Mom's house (no more moving-in pressure from her, thank goodness) and watched her cook for a while then we ate lunch. Cornish hens, dressing, cranberry sauce, Sister Schubert's yeast rolls and pecan pie. It was a pretty modest spread by usual Thanksgiving standards but I figured it just provided less opportunity for extreme overindulgence. I left Mom's and visited my friend T and her mom for a little while. Several of my other friends were already there and then we had a treat when my friend A and her husband dropped by with their new baby, their first. Little N was as cute as a button and seemed to enjoy meeting all the new people and sitting in their laps. As cute as she was though, I still sat her in my lap, looked deep into her little liquid baby eyes and felt no desire whatsoever for any of my own.

The Day After Thanksgiving found me freezing my @$$ off at 4am standing in line at JC Penny for a pre-lit tree. Not only were there none left at 4:03 when I got to the disply, but the display model set out was capital U-G-L-Y and I wouldn't have bought it anyway. I decided to head down to Circuit City for my big girl tv, WHICH I DIDN'T GET after standing out in the cold for 45 minutes! The man in front of me got the last one. I traveled over to K-m to try for one of theirs, froze my @$$ off for another 45 min and didn't get one there either. Finally, in disgust, I went and got breakfast (and lots of coffee) at IHOP before heading back to my petsitting house and piling back up in the bed for a well-deserved nap.

I did end up getting a tv on Saturday, though not at the same great price. I have hooked it up and watched several movies and it is grand. The people on the screen look so BIG! They are like lifesize AND you can read the credits or the intro material some movies have. I usually have to go stand next to the tv if I want that kind of info...exciting stuff!!!

Yesterday, Roomie had her wedding shower so there was punch, cake and little sandwiches had by all. She got a ton of nice swag for her new house, including a pre-lit Christmas Tree! She and the future hubby plan to put it up Tuesday. I put up mine yesterday with Roomie's assistance for the last time. We both got a little teary-eyed, not like her new house is not 5 minutes down the road and her DH won't be calling going, "Is my wife there? Could you send her back home?" I'm beginning to get sad and have some random teary-eyed moments. We've been best friends for 18 years and roommates for 6-7 years. I'm just trying to adjust to not having her friendship to myself anymore. I just hope I don't have a crying jag during the wedding. She's already said she'll be crying and if she's crying, I'll be crying so it's waterproof mascara all around!

Another parting-is-such-sweet-sorrow moment: I'm losing another petsitting client, make that two!! Not to illness this time thank goodness, but Dixie and Belle (oh yeah, the owner too) are moving away Wednesday! Dixie is one of my top favorite dogs to take care of and I'm going to miss her something terrible :( I'm going over to their house briefly this evening to drop off my key, pick up payment for my last job and say goodbye. So sad...

Alright! 6pm has arrived and I'm headed home!

evenin' ya'll
htw

3 comments:

Erica said...

no matter how wonderful it's going to be for you to live by yourself for a change, it's still sad to lose the roommie :( at least she'll be close by, that's really nice.

Ms. Hubbard said...

I hate waiting in the cold. I am sorry that it was all for nothing...

Holley T said...

ER-yeah, they could have moved out of state or something equally hideous!

EL-I cannot imagine a time in my life when I will ever do that again. It was horrible and I fail to see what other people get out of it either.