Monday, April 6, 2009

Little Bee by Chris Cleave


I had read about Little Bee on most of the book blogs I subscribe to and can remember no ill comments, plus I had to hand it to a book that had little on the inside flap other than a brief description which amounted to “we don’t want to tell you what happens in this book, just read it and you won’t be disappointed.”

So basically, a woman and a young girl meet on a beach in Nigeria and what happens there forges a relationship more solid than any I can remember reading about.  It will send the young girl on a long and perilous journey to England while the woman travels an equally arduous path through a disintegrating marriage.  And poor Batman!  I felt sorriest for him at the end…

There.  Now it’s your turn.  Go read Little Bee!  Now I’m interested in Chris Cleave’s other books

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i've seen this around on a bunch of blogs...but didn't know about the book blurb! sounds interesting and i really want to read it!!!