Saturday, April 11, 2009

up, up, and away!

if you celebrate Easter and have family coming in for the holiday, don't forget that you never get a second chance to make a first impression.  Make sure your home is ready for the Spring festivities AND for the guests!  Try this:



and the description of course:
Windowless corner of living room is ingeniously (emphasis is mine) transformed into a gracious setting for dining.  This has been accomplished both by the installation of fretwork frame which defines the area and creates illusion of intimacy, as well as the charming view - a hand-painted mural.  While the furniture, for the most part, is formal French reproductions and antiques, a change of pace is provided by the country-style armoire, unmistakeably modern area carpet, and contemporary color scheme.

hell yeah!  sign me up for a hot air balloon mural at my house!  ...and that contemporary color scheme!  who knew that was synonymous with the word "blue"?  

In all seriousness, I actually do like the rug.  Anyway, in a tremendous waste of a daydream, this room looked to me like what the inside of an Easter egg would look like if genies were trapped in them.  Sorry folks, that's the kind of crap I think of when I'm bored :-)  

Happy Easter to those observing and Happy Weekend to the rest!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i.must.have.that.mural.

seriously. it's so stunning. and so 70s. it brings me back to my childhood. thanks for the laugh.

Unknown said...

I think you're right Holley. I think it belongs to the Blue Djinn of Babylon. :)