Saturday, February 2, 2008

Cloverfield 2? :(

The imminent planning of Cloverfield 2 came through on Cinematical a few days ago and boy am I sad :( Discussions continue as to whether this will be filler on where/when the monster originated or just the same night from a different camera's perspective. I am excited about NEITHER. Why can Hollywood never just let a good movie be?

I loved, loved, loved 28 Days Later and have yet to see the reputedly tacky Americanized sequel. I just don't want my opinion of that great Brit-flick to change. I'll have to watch it eventually because my curiosity will get the better of me, but I'll put it off as long as possible.

Hey, I liked First Blood (the first Rambo movie) too! But guess what, the book is better and at the end of that book the colonel who gets Rambo out of town in the movie puts a bullet in John Rambo's skull to stop him from rampaging through town any further. Would it have been a better movie if they'd kept to the original storyline? I don't know but I'll wager they were banking on the success of the Rocky franchise to catapult this into a franchise as well (and they were pretty successful apparently).

Maybe I should make a YouTube video, "Leave Cloverfield Alone!"......
:)
htw

No comments: