Tuesday, August 19, 2008

a bit of old business

I've been holding on to this article in my bloglines account, intending all the while to blog about it but I am just now getting to, exercising my procrastination talents.

One of my favorite blogs is Jonah Lehrer's, Frontal Cortex. He is the author of Proust Was a Neuroscientist, which I've blogged about before.

He doesn't just examine the thoughts and actions of we humans. Back in early July he posted about the miraculous recovery of many of the pit bulls recovered from Michael Vick, the football quarter back busted for conspiring to run a dogfighting operation. Vick kept about 50 pitbulls on his 15 acre estate in horrid conditions and under horrid conditions. In circumstances like this the dogs are usually humanely euthanized but the judge in this case ordered each dog to be individually evaluated and fined Vick nearly $1 million dollars to pay for the lifelong care of the dogs that could be saved.

brings a tear to m'eye...

No comments: