Saturday, January 24, 2009

! ! ! guess what I'm going to see tonight ! ! !



I was just telling Daxx the Magnificent that I haven't seen a 3-D movie since Freddy's Dead: The Final Nightmare in 1991.  My mother took a friend and I to see the Halloween night midnight showing of this fine piece of 3-D cinema.  I loved it!  Daxx has recommended not seeing it again as it will not hold the same value to my 31-year old self (used to digital cinema and sound as I am) as it did to my 14-year old self.  I won't deny that this is true and I have no intentions of sullying my memories by reviewing it.  

I'm almost afraid to watch Cloverfield on DVD for the same reason.  I want to remember it as I first saw it (4 times) on the big screen with even bigger sound and seat-rattling special effects.

Of course, I belatedly remembered that actually, the last 3-D event I viewed was the Hannah Montana thingy....don't say a word!  I took my amazing niece, for whom I have not yet come up with a nickname adequate for her awesomeness, and I am a spectacular aunt, fully aware and ready to complete my familial responsibilities with enthusiasm and integrity...and that's all I'll say about the matter.  Okay, almost all I will say.  Further, I will say that her other uncle, my half brother's other half brother, after serving a couple of tours of duty in Iraq, chickened out on watching Hannah Montana.  

That is the spectacularousnessarity of Aunt Holley.

No comments: