Tuesday, April 15, 2008

terrific tuesdays

okay, so it's not terrific, but it isn't terrible either so I'll take it

My second sleep study was a much more positive experience than its predecessor. I didn't like having the mask on me and it was hurting my eyeball socket bones..what is that? orbital bones?

So hopefully I can find a mask that is more comfortable than that one. Being forced to breath was not comfortable. Don't get me wrong, there was zero pain involved but I really had to work on my brain to get it to remember that it was A-I-R being forced down my nose, not water, because that is kind of what it felt like.

With that being said, I'd have to say that 90% or 95% of my discomfort was due to the wires running from my head and extremities, the bands around my chest and waist and the whole trying-to-sleep-on-my-back thing that I've bitched about waaaaay too much anyway. I will go ahead and let the good ol' insurance pick up the tab on a cpap for at home and I'll see how it goes in my own home, sleeping how I want to (with some compromise with said cpap machine) and, above all, with no wires, electrodes or videotaping system in place. I bet it will be a spectacular night's sleep.

Luckily, I had a really good nurse...the same guy last week and last night. He was compassionate, patient and made the whole experience as tolerable as it could be for me and my bad attitude :)

No comments: