Wednesday, January 3, 2007

The Crud...

I really would have had a great day but I woke up this morning with an extremely sore throat and a stuffy nose. I know the first thing to come to mind is obviously strep, but the stuffiness mostly negates that diagnosis (based on my oh so accurate Internet research). It has gotten better over the course of the day but I'm just so tired with a little headache threatening behind my eyes. I just don't want it to get back down in my lungs and cause another bout with bronchitis, no way...but enough about that.

I was taken to lunch today by my favorite library family, the G's. We ate at Zoe's and had the best visit. I originally had a hair appointment booked but canceled immediately when that little happy face said, "Miss Holley, we want you to eat lunch with us!" There is always time to get a hair cut but C has to go back to school tomorrow, so sad. After lunch he begged me not to go back to work and to go to the movies with them, but alas, my days of skipping out on work were over about 8 or 9 years ago. I wouldn't have hesitated then :-)

Jumping to another topic...we've been exceptionally busy today! Phone ringing all the time, questions from every direction, a couple of the computers pooped out after lunch, the copier was making random and reduced size copies one minute (for those in the know, it of course had absolutely nothing to do with the user, Mr. Grumpy Newspaper Funnies) and jamming the next.

I'll try to remember to post weird library happenings when they occur as well. It doesn't matter the tax bracket, every library has at least one peculiar patron...most have scores. Take Nasty Coffee Man (NCM) for instance...picture this--it's late, the free coffee is gone, what do you do? If you're NCM, you simply pour all the cold remnants left by the last 11 hours of coffee drinkers into a cup and PRESTO! You have yourself a nice, cold, backwash cup of other people's spit...oh, and there's coffee in there too. I'm not lying folks, other people have had sightings!

The only other rating a nickname is Itchy Butt Man. Now, sometimes your butt itches and you (hopefully) discreetly scratch, but there is a big difference between scratching your butt and scratching your anus...especially IN PUBLIC! He was walking away from S and I at the time he started scratching. Apparently not able to satisfy this particular itch, he proceeded to hike one leg up to the side and his hand disappeared. Maybe it is simply a girl thing, but that is where I draw the line. This person also takes our newspapers, newspapers THE COMMUNITY reads, into the men's room and leaves them in the floor of the handicapped stall. Needless to say I no longer have anything to do with it after that. I'm not stupid and neither are you...come to your own conclusions.

AdiĆ³s!
htw

No comments: