Friday, January 5, 2007

A Great Adoption Story!

I have adopted from humane societies many times and it is a wonderful experience each and every time I go in, which is why I don't go more....I don't want to become the old lady who lives in a shoe. My Greater Birmingham Humane Society E-Newsletter had a great story to share today about Koppel the dog.

In other news, I finally, finally, finally got into the class I wanted, Materials and Services for Young Adults! I really believe this class might be helpful in bringing me out of the mental slump I've been in for the past 2 semesters. I can hardly wait to get into all the teen books with which I am unfamiliar. A teen reader looking for a good book is enough to strike fear in my heart! It will be a lot of work, I know, but it will be fun and it will be worth it. This is supposed to be Dr. A's last semester before retirement so I've eked in under the wire.

I'm off for the weekend and am going to fight the obsession to come into work just to post. It shouldn't be that difficult as it is my Mom's birthday (!!!) and T and I are going to see Children of Men, which I'll review on Monday and I am überexcited about Pan's Labyrinth but that won't be out in theaters until next week.

Adiós!
htw

No comments: