Tuesday, September 11, 2007

OH NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


The Seed Daily Zeitgeist revealed horrible news just now! Alex, the 31 year old African Grey parrot of word-learning fame, was found dead in his cage Friday Sept 7th. Dr. Pepperberg, Alex's owner and the scientist working to teach him for the past quarter century, reports that Alex died of natural causes. I dug around a bit and also found a New York Times piece about Alex's passing.


This makes me so sad! I've always thought fondly of the little bird ever since I read about him and used some of Dr. Pepperberg's research for a nonverbal/animal communication paper in college.
goodbye alex :(

2 comments:

Kenny P. said...

I know. That really sucks. Alex was cool. Birds in general are pretty cool. But, Alex was a cut above.

Holley T said...

I feel like I should feel bad that I feel worse about Alex dying than Madeleine L'Engle...if you follow...but I don't...feel bad that is...