Wednesday, January 23, 2008

what my interview with Oprah would NOT be like :)

(via The Burrow) Thanks KT!

Were I to be interviewed by Oprah, I'm fairly certain she would not ask me any of the following hard-hitting questions....

What kind of soap is in your shower right now? Ivory bodywash

Do you have any watermelon in your refrigerator? not this time of year....I only like watermelon in the summer

What would you change about your living room? I would have some lace curtains for the windows and gas logs for the fireplace.

Are the dishes in your dishwasher clean or dirty? dirty, I just put the clean ones away yesterday

What is in your fridge? soy milk (lactose intolerant), V8 Fusion Peach/Mango, Yellowtail Shiraz, Crystal Light Peach Tea, Hebrew National 97% fat free hotdogs, ground turkey (for meatloaf tonight), cheese (2% shredded and sliced), eggs, butter, lettuce, baby carrots, onions, bay leaves, and assorted baking flours, salad dressings and condiments

White or wheat bread? Honestly, I prefer white bread. I find wheat bread to be a little bitter and less soft but I eat is 98% of the time because it's supposed to be better for you than white bread.

What is on top of your refrigerator? various 2 L soft drinks left over from the Christmas party (I don't drink sodas very often), 3 boxes of cereal (Cheerio's, Raisin Bran, and Great Grains), old fashioned oatmeal, and a picnic caddy with paper plates/napkins and plastic forks/spoons/knives.

What color or design is on your shower curtain? I have sliding doors on my shower but the guest bathroom shower curtain is clear vinyl with teeny tiny yellow and white flowers on it.

How many plants are in your home? zero, zip, nada....I couldn't even keep a fish alive for a couple of days, much less a plant. :( I don't have any plants (other than grass) in my yard either.

Is your bed made right now? hell no....what's the point? I'm just gonna get back in it, plus I have better (or at least more interesting) things to do with my time. I tidy it up when expecting company, but it would be stretching the truth to say I "make it up".

Comet or Soft Scrub? Comet!

Is your closet organized? as well as I can manage

Can you describe your flashlight? it is cylindrical in shape and has this little button that causes a light to come on when pressed ;)

Do you drink out of glass or plastic most of the time at home? plastic, glass glasses make me nervous

If you have a garage, is it cluttered? alas, no garage. If I had my druthers, I add a garage onto the house right after a back deck. Neither is likely to happen before I can pay off the mortgage...which should be about 2032.

Curtains or blinds? both, although I have only blinds in the livingroom at the moment. I'm saving up for those lace curtains I mention earlier....

How many pillows do you sleep with? four standard pillows and two body pillows

Do you sleep with any lights on at night? nope, I like it to be as dark as a tomb

How often do you vacuum? once a month, 2-3 times if I'm feeling froggy. after all, it's just me in the house :)

Standard toothbrush or electric? standard toothbrush: the Reach One Ultimate Clean Toothbrush is what I've been buying for almost two years now. It is an excellent toothbrush! I'm pretty picky about my toothbrushes and am always on the lookout for the latest new one.

What color is your toothbrush? I think I bought a purple one last time around, but I have bought a green one and a blue one in the past.

Do you have a welcome mat on your front porch? It has no words on it, but I like to think that it implies a very hearty welcome.

What is in your oven right now? burnt cheese

Is there anything under your bed? cat fur....occasionally the cat herself

Chore you hate doing the most? cleaning bathrooms :( KT said cleaning the catbox, but I use Feline Pine so it's no problemo

What retro items are in your home? My great grand aunt's chifforobe (Aunt Bessie, she was called) I guess that would more likely be identified as an antique but who cares? I also found in the barn, many years ago, a lamp. It is round and is hung with a chain rather than being a lamp with a stand. I cleaned it up and my Dad rewired it and it is SMOKIN'! I haven't hung it yet (despite at least 8 years of ownership) but I will soon. I haven't the slightest idea how old it is but I think it's retro.

Do you have a separate room that you use as an office? I do now :)

How many mirrors are in your home? 2 in the master bath, 1 in the guest bath and 1 in Aunt Bessie's chifforobe. I'm not a big fan of the mirror as decorative accent.

What color are your walls? the living room walls are white, the kitchen has striped wallpaper in a sort of tuscan palette, the guest bath and 2 extra bedrooms have white walls, and the master bedroom and bath have a sort of paisley print wall paper in teal and mauve (not nearly as ugly as it sounds).

What does your home smell like right now? Clean Linen scented oil fans

Favorite candle scent? cinnamon

What kind of pickles (if any) are in your refrigerator right now? none, but I really like Clausen Dill Pickles

What color is your favorite Bible? I got one when I was a child and it was white with my name embossed in gold leaf

Ever been on your roof? hell no

Do you own a stereo? couldn't live without it. the radio still remains important when there is no tv :)

How many TVs do you have? two, now that I have my big girl tv

How many house phones? one

Do you have a housekeeper? I wish

What style do you decorate in? shabby chic, although sometimes it's simply shabby :)

Do you like solid colors or prints in furniture? solid colors

Is there a smoke detector in your home? several, thank goodness

In case of fire, what are the items in your house which you’d grab if you only could make one quick trip? purse and kitty...I would think about taking my new big girl tv, but I hope my common sense would prevail

your turn!

htw

2 comments:

Jeff Stankard, Group Publisher said...

you know, your comment about glass glasses hit home. I think I'm afraid of them too.

Holley T said...

I've broken far, far too many of them to take the use of glass glasses casually
:)
htw