Thursday, January 31, 2008

you GO John Green!

Alabama's own (okay, he was born in Florida but he lived here for many of those important formative years!) John Green makes a stand against the challenging of his book, Looking For Alaska, by a few parents in some podunk mid-western town. If you are from said town, I was just kidding. Really. What's really weird is I just pulled this book for a patron about 20 minutes ago....I wonder if she just wanted to read it or had heard of the book challenge, hmmmmmmm?

1 comment:

Holley T said...

okay, I watched the video again and the town is actually outside New York...Phonetically, the name of the town sounds like de-pew. I have no idea how it is actually spelled but somehow between my first viewing and this blog post it morphed into Debuke (sp?), sorry. I will do better next time (hopefully).
htw