Monday, March 10, 2008

various and sundry

Despite the wintry weather on Saturday, I made it out safely for my DWM! The mani/pedi session was just what I needed to kick the day off right! It was cold, the water was hot, and those massage chairs are FaNtAsTiC! If you've never had a pedicure before, I HIGHLY recommend it...even especially for you men out there. None of us like your manfeet. You look like a hobbit. Get that taken care of. Obviously you aren't required to get nail polish, just get those talons cleaned up. My toes, on the other hand (foot?), are beautifully polished in a periwinkle blue.

We were lucky enough to talk my Aunt C into accompanying us on our day out and we all three got manis/pedis together. We jetted out of there as soon as possible to head to lunch at the J@son's De!i salad bar as it is my current favorite. After yummy salads (and my mom's lettuce was indeed swimming) we scooted over to the R@ve movie theater for the SpEcTaClE of 10,000 B.C.

.

.

.

.

.

.

I was so disappointed! It is not very often that I agree with the critics but their descriptions of this mediocre film were right on the money, so don't waste yours by seeing it.


I'll tell you what I am excited about seeing and that's Doomsday! You know me and my post-apocalyptic leanings.... This looks v.v. Mad Max Beyond Thunderdome, which I lurve despite the fact that I was only 8 when it premiered. My brother was 16 so a lot of age inappropriate movies seared my retinas in those days, including all of the Faces of Death incarnations that he and his loutish friends so adored.


Anyway, before the 10,000 BM's movie we drove around Patton Creek because my mom and Aunt C had never been there before and wanted to look at all the shops.


Random questions heard from the backseat of my Mom's Honda Element:

What's over there at that Paneria place? (That's PanERA, Aunt C, no diarrhea imagery please!)

What's a chocalater? (Mom, that's "chocolatier"! They make all kinds of chocolate candies)

What's in a Dicks? (Well, the sign says Dick's Sporting Goods so I'll go out on a limb and say....sporting goods, Mom)


Those ladies just kept me HOPPIN' all afternoon!


Afterwards, I went back over to Mom's house to visit with Granny for a little while. When I got ready to drive off I realized I did not have my cellphone and went back in. I was CONVINCED that I had taken it in and we theorized that B (the nurse who gives Aunt C breaks with Granny) must have picked it up thinking it was hers. A common problem when 3 people in the same house have the same model cell phone. I picked up the house phone to call just as Mom handed me her cell phone from the pouch on her sweatshirt. I figured at the very least I could get B to meet me somewhere halfway and I could get my phone. Imagine my surprise when the pouch on my mother's sweatshirt started up with the Super Mario Bro.'s theme!


"It was YOU! You didn't notice that you had two cell phones in there?"


All I got was a very maternal, "Oh, shut up."


Sunday was great too as I had lunch with my Dad and Stepmom and my brother and his family. Everyone had the crud or were getting over it so the kids were pretty subdued but C did insist on sitting next to me and we colored and played several games of tictactoe. After lunch I headed out with D, K, and the kids while Dad and A left to go home. Dad just had knee replacement surgery about 2.5 weeks ago and was ready to call it a day. We saw College Roadtrip, which was SO much better than 10,000 BM. I could hardly believe that beautiful girl was Raven-Symone! I still remember her as an itty bitty kid from the Cosby Show! Also, I just love Martin Lawrence. I also saw him in Welcome Home Roscoe Jenkins last week and loved that too. You can never go wrong with James Earl Jones...


Monday's adventures, to be continued.....................

No comments: