Sunday, March 2, 2008

happy birthday to me!

I turned 31 years old today!

So far I have celebrated by exercising and eating a bowl of organic wheat cereal with soymilk (I'm not a vegetarian; I'm lactose intolerant) and an orange. Later, for even more fun, I'm going to work. Then I'll come home and read a book.

I'm sort of bummed that Mrs. Roomie hasn't even called to say HB yet (KT will tell me either here or in person later that she is not surprised). My brother is out of town so we made plans to meet up next weekend for a celebration and Tuesday KT is getting Mexican food and we are meeting up for lunch and a horror film, Fido. You can't knock that either!

Okay, I don't want any cheese with my whine, thanks. Moving on, you may or may not have noticed the utterly HORRIFYING weightloss widget on the side bar. Call me crazy, but it's there for the world to look at. I'm serious about it this time, people! I'm ready for a new me and this is the only way things like that get done. I figure all the shameful cringing will be good for all sorts of muscle groups....I don't think it ever really been studied.

KT and I have pledged to ourselves that on the next weigh-in day that we both lose, we will treat ourselves to the scrumptious-looking salad bar at Whole Foods Market! I wish I could afford to shop there but it's just too pricey for me. Maybe every other month or so I can put some extra $ away for a shopping trip there. Hey, maybe I'll get some BD money and make a special trip! They have the best looking produce I've seen outside of a farmer's market. Speakiing of which, I'm truly hoping that it will warm up SOMETIME SOON so the FM's we have around here will get geared up. I've looked at the co-op programs online that you pay into and they deliver fresh fruits and veggies everyweek but if I can't afford regular trips to WFM, I sure as hell can't afford that either. I would be very nice though. I'm pretty tired of canned and frozen....if anyone has any great ideas on this front, I'd be glad to hear them :)

In other news, I did my taxes Friday and it was horrible! For the past 4 or 5 years I've been going to the local IRS office and letting them do the whole shebang. I had to wait in line of course but I just took book and hung out half a day. Imagine my surprise and horror when I get up to the counter and the IRS has implemented an APPOINTMENT PROCESS! And hey, guess what? They are booked out til April 15th! So they have all these internet terminals set up so you can do your taxes online. I did it and hope to all things holy that it was correct because I have no idea what the hell I was doing. I was just filling in the blanks and clicking "save". I might sock away a big chunck of my return incase they ask for some back. I have this irrational fear of the IRS...I'm am simply terrified of them :( I wonder if there's a word for that???

Hold the line a moment please, I'll be right back....

Okay, not that I could find, but here's a list of other phobias if you are interested in the topic. Someone should definitely coin the phobia phrase concerning the irs.

Oooops! Just noticed the time! I've got to go get ready for work. There are pencils to be sharpened! (yes, that's what a Master's degree and about $13,000 will get you, pencil sharpening and shitty coffee)

Yay!
htw

6 comments:

Katie said...

I'm sorry I didn't call yesterday :( We were on the loooooong road home!
So, where do I get the widget? And does it automatically update, or do I change it every week?
k

Erica said...

happy late birthday! you should have said something last night...

Jeff Stankard, Group Publisher said...

Happy belated birthday! You do not weigh 375 pounds!!!

Anonymous said...

hey holley happy birth day t told me about ur blog it is awesome

luv u always
ally

Holley T said...

KT-I knew we were celebrating today so I didn't worry about it! And the lunch/movie day was FaNtAsTiC by the way!!!

Erica-I enjoyed watching TOBG with you and M and making snarky comments about the birdhouse on the mom's head....okay, that was just me....but it was fun anyway!

Beth-Thanks for the b-day wishes! And yes, unfortunately, I do. And that's after losing 15 pounds too
:(

YAY! ALLY'S HERE!!!! Glad you visited allycat :) I miss seeing you over at your aunt's house, but since I'm not longer in grad school I'm sure I'll see you more this summer!

Holley T said...

that's "NO LONGER in grad school" but either way you say, what it comes down to is hell is no longer in session for Holley T!