Sunday, June 10, 2007

alright...I retract most of my previous statement

A)Dr. B rocks!
B)we watch funny youtube videos before class
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EYmsr8Sy4K0
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pIqhUCZgwXQ
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_cCdoXIlKMw
C)Dr. B bought us pizza and brought boocoodles (I scientifically measured) of snacks and drinks
D)I hate, hate, hate, hate planning

I don't know why that is really...Dr. B has a certain way she wants us to do this and all the planning and no doing has just frustrated me beyond belief. The other team members are all "let's do this," "this would be great," "wouldn't it be neat if we could" and I want to yell "WE HAVE ONE MONTH PEOPLE, ONE MONTH....2 CLASS MEETINGS, COUNT EM', 2!".....but that would be rude and these people will be responsible for half my grade so I keep my smartass mouth shut, for the most part (I'm only human). We have to design and launch a comprehensive website for the University of Alabama's School of Library and Information Studies (SLIS) Internship Program AND design and publish a 10-15 page student handbook for the program. We have 3 teams: website, handbook, and content. I'm on the content team. I figured I could flex my BS muscles and have a little fun. We are hoping that the majority of it will be a "cut and paste" affair using the various forms, pamphlets, and other goodies SLIS has produced over the years to come up with one good product to replace all the rambling. In fact, that's what I should be working on right now, but no....blogging again.

My hectic race to the educational finish line has begun, kicked off by petsitting three clients at one time for a combined total of 3 dogs, 6 cats, a garden-full of plants to water (bearing all water restrictions in mind of course), and lots of mail and newspapers to keep up with. To make it spicy, two of the dogs have a touch of stress diarrhea (always fun) which I hope will clear up tomorrow so I won't spend all my time cleaning. To those who think petsitting is terribly glamorous, living in other people's houses, watching cable tv (my favorite away-from-home fetish), etc...just remember that animals crap and it's now your job to clean it up.

Alright people, I'm going to get at least SOME work done before I make my petsitting rounds (thank goodness they live relatively close by, I can go in my PJ's :D) and go to bed.

Buenas Noches
htw

2 comments:

Katie said...

pizza and youtube ... good times!
k ;)

Holley T said...

hey K, she also brought two huge blocks of cheese: horseradish cheddar and champagne cheddar mmm mmm good! I did have to share our annual Thanksgiving Fryathon with the class
:D