Tuesday, June 12, 2007

look ma! no hands!

Today I lead my first professional book group meeting. K is on vacation so I got to take the reins of her book group :) I did have on training wheels due to the fact that it was "fiction of choice". There were no discussion questions or anything like that; everyone was just supposed to bring a fiction title they had enjoyed and wanted to share with the group. There were 13 ladies but only a few had brought anything to share. Luckily I took about 6 books (many of which you can find in a previous post "recent reads")to the meeting so I ran my mouth enough to stretch out to an hour. I was really nervous for some reason. I mean, I've presented at 3 state library convention programs and have done countless presentations in library school plus I teach computer classes to senior citizens...why on earth the book group made me so nervous is beyond me! But I ended up having an absolutely gr8 time and look forward to maybe having a group of my own sometime in the future. I'm ashamed to say that I've never participated in a book group either and I have no excuse. Many are held during the day, but it has gotten easier to find them being held in the evening. I'll just have to find one when I get through with school. My therapist consistently mentions that I need to try to get out and socialize more so that would definitely qualify while not making me as uncomfortable as other social situations might. I do say proudly that I'm 1000% more social than I used to be and I have several friends who can back me up on that!
Anyway, enough whining!
¡Buenos tardes!
htw

2 comments:

Kenny P. said...

Sorry this is off-topic, but I like your countdown thingy!

It's nice to have something to count down to.

Holley T said...

It's kind of plain and ugly, but it was supereasy and FREE, my favorite online word! And yes, very nice indeedy!