Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Dental Woes


So this is how my morning started out at 9am this morning. Due to suffering from the early stages of periodontal disease, I had to have an ultrasonic, below-the-gumline cleaning.

Right-side today, left-side next week.

A rinse for a.m., a different rinse for p.m.: both of which will stain my teeth.

A separate visit to clean the stain off my teeth.

Checkups every 3 - 4 months to make sure I'm getting the job done at home.



Now, I appreciate Dr. Schambeau's concern for my dental health...I want that up front...but it just hurts my feelings SOOOOOOOO bad. I'd almost (everyone, take note of the "almost") rather have a broken limb or severe lesion than something wrong with my teeth! They are my only good point!

So, I'll floss, brush, swish the unearthly goop, endure the harsh pressure washing of the roots of my teeth (and without numbing! *insert muscleman pose here*), and try not to gouge my wrists with spoon while I endure teeth staining for the next 2-3 weeks.

For any friends or coworkers reading, I am taking my antidepressant and will attempt to conduct myself with professionalism and courtesy at all times...otherwise, get me a doughnut and a jamocha milkshake with a few dairyease caplets on the side, STAT...


AdiĆ³s!


htw

No comments: