Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Workout Woes

K and I worked out at the JCC last night and I suffered/am suffering severly for it now. My good buddy, plantar faciitis, has reared its ugly head once more and is on a serious rampage. I'm taking Aleve but nothing really helps except cortisone shots in my heels and I've had so many already..... If you don't know what plantar faciitis 1) you are lucky and 2) here's a diagram:




I personally have flat feet. I get new shoes every 2 - 3 months and try to stretch several times a day, most especially in the morning. The cortisone shots never worked for more than 6 - 8 weeks at a time and the doctor I was seeing at the time said he was not giving me anymore, surgery was my next option (for the weak of heart, DO NOT CLICK ON THE LINK!)

Was that TMI? Maybe, but you guys deserve the truth :-)

AdiĆ³s!
htw

2 comments:

Jeff Stankard, Group Publisher said...

Just read your locked out piece. I had a similar experience. My husband and children had left town the night before to visit his parents for the week. Consequently I was alone in my house for the first time in a long time. Before it got too dark, I locked the door between my house and garage - something we never, ever do. Don't ask me why. For some reason I felt that if someone were to miraculously raise my garage door (a very noisy and difficult feat), then the locked door would definitely prevent them from entering my home! And so, I was able to sleep well that night. The next morning, as I'm preparing to leave town for the week myself, I decide I had better put out the kitchen garbage, since no one else will be home for a week to do it. And we can all imagine the results of returning to week-old kitchen garbage - not pretty. So, having poured my coffee into a cup and left in on the counter to cool, i then turned my attention to the garbage. Deftly tied the bag and departed to the garbage cans in the garage. As soon as the door slid shut, yes, I realized the error of my ways. Did I mention that I was in my flimsy cotton nightgown, no undies due to the 80 degree plus weather conditions? And my husband was only seconds away by phone, but 7 hours away by car.... What could a girl do?

Holley T said...

okay, you've hooked me...what did you do?

The closest I've come to being locked out...and this really ticked me off...was one afternoon when I was cutting grass. My roommate came home, waved at me on her way in, and I continued on my merry way. When I finished, about 1-1.5 hours later, I dragged to the house to get a shower and well-earned dinner and the d-ed door was locked. I tapped, then knocked, then banged on the door to no response. I finally had to walk around the house to her bedroom window and knock until sleeping beauty awoke and unlocked the door...
It's funny now, but wasn't at the time :)
htw