Thursday, April 26, 2007

Third time's the charm

I worked out at the JCC again after work today! Yeah for me, yeah for me! K and D were finishing up when I got there so I had to workout all by my lonesome too...and I stayed and did it when I really felt like leaving! I did 15 minutes on the treadmill, 10 minutes on the elliptical (originally planned 20 min but my knee started hurting so I baled), and 15 minutes on a recumbant bike=40 good minutes to think about my day and why I had to let myself get so repulsive, watch "Are You Smarter Than a Fifth Grader", and learn about the transsexual Baldwin sibling.

Of course, I did not have a radio with me so I got all of it through closed captioning and let me tell you...their typists often suck. The other day there was a news segment on Dale Jr. and the CC came up with "little league" every time I KNEW it should be "little E". Amusing but frustrating.

I am so glad the end of the work week is here. I really need a break and S's son's engagement party Sat night will be just the thing :-) Sunday is our big author event with Alexander McCall Smith so I'll be working my butt off all day but it should be a phenomenal time! He's supposed to be a great speaker and we've sold almost 150 tickets! Plus, Western is providing the food and they always do a bang-up job. We're having grilled polenta with shrimp, pork tenderloin with chutney and garlic cheese biscuits, carmelized onion tarts, lemon and key lime squares, sweet tea....need I say more?

Did I, or did I not just start this blog off with a discussion of my workouts this week? I did?.......oh well

;-)
adios!
htw

No comments: