Monday, July 9, 2007

monday ruminations

As the lightning strikes and the thunder booms here, I’m wondering how much longer the library will have power. Our lines are notoriously fragile little creatures, but hey, at least the generator gets a regular workout…we’ve gotten more rain in the past 3 days than in the past 3 months it seems but not enough, and not soon enough, to keep the Chilton County peach harvest from sucking this year. I haven’t found even one I thought was worth buying. They’re all yucky and golf-ball sized when we’re used to at least baseball-sized peaches or larger. Maybe I should buy them anyway just to support our local farmers….oh well, maybe next grocery trip.

My first weekend school-free was fantastic! I took my stepmom out for lunch (Happy B’day!) on Saturday and had a Potter Movie Marathon the whole weekend. I got all 4 movies watched so I’m as up-to-date as it is possible to be without reading the books. Was that the collective gasp of horrified Potter-heads I heard? Sorry folks…it’s on my to-do list along with a million other pressing matters.

Ah, children are screaming downstairs, it is nice and humid up here (which will soon warrant a call to the HVAC people no doubt), and the day is way too far from over. Burnout seems imminent at this point but maybe I’ll be more myself tomorrow. WAIT JUST A MINUTE…here comes our usual HVAC guy! Can I read my own mind or what?! Hopefully this means the swampiness will soon be gone from the air. I don’t just say that for myself people, it is detrimental to the books to go through these cycles of humidity too! It is an invitation to mold, mildew and other creep crawlies (silverfish are insidious creatures!) to set up housekeeping and begin to destroy the collection.

Oh well, enough b!tching and complaining! I had a great weekend, only spazed out a little bit from phantom homework, and got geared up for OOTP!

Here’s to a gr8 week!
htw

4 comments:

Kenny P. said...

A belated congratulations to finishing up with school:

Congratulations!

We just completed the driest year on record here in Southern California. Rain sure sounds nice right about now...Since you're able to conjure up HVAC repairmen, maybe you could send a little rain our way.

Thanks!

-K

Holley T said...

I'll get right on it!

Erica said...

when are you going to see OOTP? leslie, who is PREGNANT btw, is coming down to see it with me and some others thursday night (late) if you're interested!

Holley T said...

eeeek! I'll be petsitting but I should be able to make it to the flick AGAIN :)

wow, she gets a new job and a baby all at the same time! I wonder how her teens will take their librarian being pregnant...hmmmm