Thursday, October 18, 2007

BUMPUSES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So, after 2 weeks of petsitting for various people, I finally arrive home last night around 8:30pm. I take in the mail and my purse, go unload everything (read: all my crap) out of the car onto the front porch only to discover that I have locked myself out of the F-ing house....

I tried all the windows and the back door, thinking maybe just maybe they might have somehow been left unsecured....uhhhhhh, no. No cell phone reception out in the boondocks as I am, so I just sat on the porch with all my crap and enjoyed the night noises. Cicadas, crickets, a few late-staying little frogs and toads in the (v. v. dry) stream next to the house, wind blowing in the drying leaves...I wasn't creeped out and was quite enjoying myself until I heard the first low growl come out of the dark trees. I had just been about to find a dark corner of the yard for nature's call when I heard this other noise and it was the D*%M dogs from next door. Now I had to pee AND I was pissed off, how ironic.....these dogs harass us ALL the time! As soon as payday rolls around again I'm getting a BB gun as I don't want to maim, merely scared half to death and hurt enough to make an impression on. Did I mention they've been crapping all over my yard? If I wanted dog crap all over my yard, I'd get my own dog.

Anyway, I happened to find a spare car key in my laptop case so packed all the crap BACK in the car, left a note for Roomie asking her to call me on my cell when she got home (which ended up being around 10pm) and left for Dad's so I could go to the bathroom in peace.

After getting home, unloading the car AGAIN, unpacking and getting ready for bed it was around 11:30-midnight so I'm zombie-fied today. I had planned on turning in early so I could get up and on the recumbent bike this morning but no such luck. So I'm planning on it tomorrow instead. I have GOT TO lose some weight before I become a statistic, plus I've got the PLA trip in March to Minneapolis to plan for. I'm calling my effort, Minimize by Minneapolis, what do you think?

Gotta run to teach comp class!
htw

No comments: