Tuesday, October 23, 2007

what is it with the monkeys?

I had to dig way back, but I found another post I'd done back in August about aggressive monkeys (if you click through, you're honor bound to read the entire post! I rambled before getting to the monkeys). So now I get this one today on what to do if you are attacked by monkeys...I honestly didn't realize it was that big a problem, but then again I don't live in New Delhi either. Apparently you should give them whatever food you have or, if you don't have any food, back away slowly with empty palms facing toward the perpetrator...NO EYE CONTACT OR SHOWING YOUR TEETH OR YOU'RE DEAD, much like the deputy mayor of New Delhi, India who fell to his death from a balcony while being attacked by macaques. Oh, did I mention the fatal case of herpes B that could be awaiting you if you are attacked. Primatologists also recommend this in emergencies:
Primatologists will sometimes send a macaque warning signal called the open-mouth threat. Basically, form an "O" with your mouth, lean toward them with your body and head, and raise your eyebrows.

Now, I'd love to visit that part of the world. I've always been fascinated with places like India, Thailand, Cambodia, Taiwan, Vietnam...the far East...but it is beginning to make the list with Australia and the ocean in general (swimming in it at any rate): Places I Will Probably Never Go Because There's Too Much Wildlife. In Australia everything is poisonous and you'll be attacked by monkeys in India...go figure.

that is all.
htw

No comments: