Wednesday, December 23, 2009

throwing in the towel


***UPDATE*** In re-linking this list, I discovered 2 books that I reviewed but did not add to the list! I don't know if they made it over to J. Kaye's blog or not but that makes 107!!! The two books were Jo Graham's Hand of Isis and Max Brooks' World War Z!***END OF UPDATE***

I just don't believe I'll be able to squeeze another book in before December 31st so I'm stopping because, after all, I am ahead! I read 105 books this year for J. Kaye's Book Blog 100+ Reading Challenge! And I should say that I'm not stopping reading, merely wrapping up this challenge. I probably read this much every year anyway, if not a little more, but I don't normally blog each and every thing I read...just the stuff I either really love, or really hate :-) Here's to getting back to normal and here's my completed list!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! You did fantastic! Are you going to do this again in 2010?

Anonymous said...

okay, tough question...what was your favorite book of the year?

Holley T said...

I couldn't pick just one, but my top five from this list would be The Little Stranger, The Painted Veil, Hunger Games, The End of Overeating, Hater, and The Art of Racing in the Rain...ask me again tomorrow and that list might change :-)

J. Kaye - I haven't decided yet if I'll sign up for 2010. This is a challenging challenge :-) I might have to do it biannually, just for a break. Reading 100 books is not hard, but keeping up with the reviewing and posting of those reviews was tough.

Anonymous said...

Holley T - You don't have to review the books you read. That's optional. Just keep a list is about it.

Holley T said...

well, color me surprised! how on earth did I miss that?! I'm headed over to your site to sign up again then!

Anonymous said...

I am so very sorry! There is a monthly Mr. Linky, but that's only for people who want to write a review...optional only.